Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BBGURL




$up,
I had an interview over the phone this morning with London College of Fashion. It was at 3 in the afternoon in London, which is 7 in the morning here. That is like in the middle of the night for me (I'm not a morning person.). I was really nervous because I had an interview 2 weeks ago, and the women that interviewed me was not the most friendly. She acted like she didn't like any of the answers I was giving her. The end of that interview she wanted me to send her more artwork and then I would get a follow up interview. So this morning someone else called me from the college and he was soo much nicer. I took a breath of relief when I herd someone else's voice on the other end of the phone. He seemed to really like all the answers I gave him, which made me feel great. He told me when he first saw my artwork he was like "She's mad!" but when he looked at the other artwork I had sent in he realized that I was "very talented, and a well rounded artist." This made me feel so wonderful. And then we started talking about the course that I had applied for (Foundations in Shoe Design). He asked me why I applied for this course when I had written in personal statement that I my goal was to get a Bachelors degree in shoe design. I said that I didn't feel that I had enough knowledge about shoe design, and didn't want to be over my head. He then went on to tell me that I was ready for the Bachelors Degree program and then he offered me a spot. I was so ecstatic I quickly said "I would love to!"

You guys, I'm moving to London!

Top/ Dimepiece Babby Girl Top. Shorts/ Thrift Store. Shoes/ Dr. Marten AGGY 1490


Music- Asleep- The Smiths. I love this song. I feel like when songs like this are used in popular movies (Perks of Being a Wallflower) they kind of get ruined in a sense. Not really ruined but I guess the musically ignorant people think that the song was made for the movie. People that saw that movie that have never herd of the smiths, I am happy that you learned about them, because they are super great. But they are old and this song does not "belong" to that movie.


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Im also super jealous, because 80% of my friends from high school live in London now, and I couldn't apply to any schools over there (england doesnt accept a GED lol). Luckily I like my school in New York, but sometimes I still wish I went to London too! You are going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been to London before and Im soo excited! Where do you go to school? New York is wonderful!

      Delete
    2. I go to FIT (fashion institute of technology), its great, especially living smack down in the middle of Manhattan haha

      Delete
    3. Oh thats awesome, I almost applied there, but I had a strong feeling that London was the only place I wanted to be. I went to California College of the Arts I guess 2 years ago now. (Thats fucking weird to say). But I studied Fashion Design there. It just wasn't the proper fit for me, but I really did have a wonderful experience while I was there!

      Delete
    4. Oh yeah? When I was applying to colleges I considered CCA, got in too, but then decided to take a gap year because I couldn't decide what I wanted to major in, or where I wanted to live, etc. haha. Im from San Francisco so I would have lived with my parents during college and I didn't know if I wanted to do that... lol

      Delete
    5. Oh wow how weird, I lived in Oakland during the time of cca. It was really fun, but I don't think cca is a very good school, so I think you were better off not going there!

      Delete
  2. Ohmygod congratulations! You are so lucky. And you well deserve this!

    ReplyDelete