Monday, October 14, 2013

Change of Season

$up,
The days are getting colder up here and the Californian in me is confused and doesn't know how to dress warm enough. This weekend it dropped to 50 degrees. It feels weird because this is how cold LA gets in the winter time, so I feel like Christmas is going to be any day now. It's weird but it cheers me up whenever I get down. I really do love this time of year, there are so many holidays and a lot of events are happening. It's really exciting!

Over the weekend I met Izzy Barter, a London fashion blogger down at Portabello. She had contacted me on facebook, and it was really great because I was in some desperate need of some kind of friendship. She was so friendly and we got along really well, I am really happy to have met her. For those of you who have never herd of her, her blog is really cool, check it out here.

College the second time around (As I have written so many times before) is a lot different, but I think it is largely me, and my attitude that changed. I spend a lot of time on my own, which bothered me at first, but I think I have so much more respect for it because it forces you to be your own best friend. I think with the invention of the internet teenagers kind of lost their famous "angst" because they could be connected to one another but they gained a whole new level of insecurities because there is so much information that is available to us. We see and meet people online all the time, and you can present yourself however you want because you have time to think about it. People hardly meet organically anymore, and when they do sometimes they are a bit awkward because they don't have the internet wall to hide behind. There is also this need for approval or need for companionship which is unhealthy. I think that we need to learn to be alone and love ourselves for who we really are, and then the companionship that we so desperately seek will come. Thats something I have been thinking about for a while.

I don't want to post this look onto lookbook because I really am not into my hairdo. I got it cut over the weekend because the last time I got it colored they completely fried my hair. The hairstylist cut my bangs way to short, but I am not that upset about it because it's going to look cute when my hair grows out a little bit. I was supposed to be apart of a hair show this past week but after they colored my hair, they said it was to damaged but they offered up a free haircut, so I took it. Hair salons are tricky. I had a really great one back home, and I really need to find that here, because this haircut is not going to happen every again. He didn't even style or blow dry my hair after cutting it, he just scrunched it and let me go, and that is how it turned out. Not into it.

Music- I saw rent for the first time over the weekend and I have had this song stuck in my head ever since. I think its pretty good though. For those of you who don't know, my guilty pleasure is musicals, so theres that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the internet--we're more connected, but waaaay more disconnected. But yeah, spending time on your own is important too. People don't realise how much you actually grow by having time to reflect or sit with your own company. It's important for maturity and I find that people who can't stand to be alone kinda strange to be honest. I am loving your blog--outfit posts and writing. Will follow for sure! x
    www.slyonthewall.com

    ReplyDelete